MEBA’s Ready, Set, Connect! Watch our webinars and watch videos from SC companies for an inside look into their work environments.
Boeing South Carolina
With South Carolina students currently out of school due to the novel coronavirus, we know that many parents and programs are seeking online educational resources. Thus, we want to share digital resources with you from FUTURE U, a program partnership between Boeing and Discovery Education. The FUTURE U website includes ready-to-go STEM activities, including:
This virtual field trip (VFT) takes students to Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas. The behind-the-scenes video tour introduces students to just a few of the amazing Boeing employees who are preparing to write the next chapter of space history with the launch of the CST-100 Starliner spacecraft and the deployment of the Space Launch System (SLS). A Pre-Virtual Field Trip Companion Guide introduces students to topics they will encounter during the VFT (Length: two 45-minute class periods).
Grades 6-12 Length: 28 Minutes, 6 segments
Standards-aligned STEM lessons guide students as they explore key concepts in aerospace and engineering. Students can contemplate moon tourism, create a landing system for the world’s first crewed Martian-bound spacecraft, learn about NASA’s citizen science projects, or design their own celestial body!
Designed for grades 6-8
Length: each activity is designed for three 45-60 minute class periods
Lessons can be adapted for completion by a single student
In addition to these FUTURE U resources, check out our 100 Days of Learning collection of lesson plans, videos, interactive media, and design challenges, all of which are intended to increase student interest and aptitude for 21st-century skills.
Bush Gardens Tampa Bay
Discover Educational Resources for Hands-On Learning at Home
Our Bush Gardens family understands that you may need turnkey, engaging activities now more that ever. Our parks have developed standards-aligned resources available to help families virtually explore the wild world or animals and nature.
Through our distance learning resources, explore hands-on, multi-disciplinary activities, engage in a fun and creative learning environment, and discover something amazing along the way.
- Classroom Activities – For more than 50 years, education has been a critical part of our mission and we invite you to explore these resources created for educators and students grades K-12. See Classroom Activities Here
- Teacher’s Guides – Use the immersive guides developed at SeaWorld and Busch Gardens to help students understand how we can best care for our Earth’s resources. Discover activities that integrate science, math, geography, art, and language. Explore Guides Here
- Saving a Species Video Series – Come face-to-face with the wonders of wildlife through species-focused episodes and related classroom activities. Watch Now
- Animal Bytes – Each Animal is a one-page fact sheet specifically designed to help you quickly find information about some of the most interesting creatures found in the animal kingdom. Explore More
- Animal InfoBooks – InfoBooks are your resource for wildlife information. Explore the in depth details about animals, environments, conservation issues, and much more. See InfoBooks
- Explore More Resources at SeaWorld.org
Financial Literacy Support Materials for Educators & Families
- Resources for Educators – EVERFI 2-Week Remote Learning Plan
- Resources for School Administrators – More information is available here: EVERFI Professional Development Opportunities
- Resources for Families – EVERFI now offers access to our resources directly to families, without the need for assignment by a teacher directly. This landing page is a one stop shop for families to access EVERFI (site is available in English & Spanish)
SC Department of Commerce
SC Department of Education E-Learning Resources
The SC Department of Education has developed remote learning resources that can be used by teachers, faculty, CTE instructors, school counseling and career guidance personnel. Resources will continue to be added as they are developed and vetted.
ServSafe is offering FREE food handler training – (4 hour training) and is also offering FREE COVID-19 Food Safety training (8 minute video)
Both can be accessed here https://www.servsafe.com/Landing-Pages/Free-Courses
Chef Jackson Lamb MBA, CSC, CHE, Professor of Hospitality with Metropolitan State University of Denver created 46 5-minute videos for the ProStart students. These videos serve as a chapter introduction for all 44 chapters in both level 1 and 2. They could be used as homework assignments as well. For instance, in Level 2, chapter 9, Food costing, They really get into the math part. Here are the YouTube Channel Videos links:
Pearson provided a link to send out to teachers: my Pearson Training Readiness Resources
The Importance of a First Impression
Feb 18, 2016
A Parents’ Role in College & Career Planning
Jan 21, 2016
Hot Jobs: Health Care Presentation
December 15-18, 2015
Hot Jobs: STEM Presentation
December 15-18, 2015
Hot Jobs: Construction Presentation
December 15-18, 2015
Profile of the Ideal Graduate
September 17, 2015